Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Parable of The Sower

Today we talked about the Parable of The Sower.

We watched these video clips:

We talked about the meaning of each thing in the parable.  I found this printable from Rachael's Book Nook to be super helpful with this.  

I also read "The Tiny Seed" by Eric Carle.  The seed encounters some of the same things that are contained in the parable.  After I told the story, I went back and used the story to make up my own with the meaning behind the parable using three boys.  It was something I just made up as I went, but they encountered friends and other people who gave into Satan's temptations or fell away because they had stopped reading the scriptures and going to church, but the three boys had strong testimonies and flourished in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I had the boys draw pictures of different things that happened to seeds in the parable.  (I found the idea here, keeping scrolling down the page to see it.)
 Here is my 9 year old's picture.
 My 5 year old's picture.
 My 7 year old's picture.
 Here they are together.  My kids like to draw, especially my 7 year old.
We also made pudding and crushed oreos up in it to represent "good soil".  :)
 Also check out Primary Manual 7 Lesson 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment