Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Scripture Heroes: Daniel in the Lion's Den

Today we talked about Daniel in the Lion's Den and prayer!  I have always enjoyed hearing this story from the time I was little.  You can download this Scripture Hero Chart here.
 I just focused on the story of Daniel in the lion's den which is LDS Scripture video 43.  The church also has a short video about Daniel.

We made lion paper bag puppets!  This is a cute idea that I didn't do, but would be fun especially for little ones with the lion puppets as you tell the story.
 My kids love getting "The Friend" magazine and will pour over it for a week or two.  In August's Friend they have an idea to do a Scripture Figure Puppet Show and my boys instantly wanted to try it out so we used Daniel's story.  The flannel board figures had been given to me by my mother so I don't have a source for them.
 They had a great time.  In the end I read the story and they put the stick puppets up where they belonged in the story.
We only have two more scripture heroes to do this summer.  I will still be posting regularly on here about various things.

No comments:

Post a Comment